Color: Lake Blue
- ICONIC: Same classic Kanken design since 1978. Stash everyday essentials in the main zippered compartment, front zippered pocket, and two open side pockets.
- PRACTICAL: Meet the material: Vinylon F. It has a weird name but it's dirt-resistant, water-resistant, and wipes clean.
- FUNCTIONAL: Two-way zipper with rain flap for protection. Ergonomic shoulder straps for the long haul. Dual top snap handles for quick carry. Sitting pad for impromptu seating. Reflective logo.
- ROOMY: 16 L of storage space for everything you need and some things you don't. Measures 14.9" (38 cm) x 10.6" (27 cm) x 5.1" (13 cm). Weighs 0.7 lb.
- HERITAGE: Durable, timeless, functional. Since 1960.
Details: At the end of the 1970s, new statistics showed that close to 80% of the Swedish population at some point experienced back pain, and the problem was becoming apparent in increasingly younger age groups. At that time, shoulder bags were fashion- able and experts realized that the risk of back pain decreased if the weight of schoolbooks was redistributed from one shoulder to two. Fjallraven's Ake Nordin followed the debate and decided to design an affordable, functional backpack that had plenty of space for schoolchildren's books and binders. This design, which we now know as the Kanken, launched in 1978 in cooperation with the Swedish Scout Association. By redistributing the weight of the bag from one shoulder to two, the Kanken helped diminished back problems and even improve posture. Now, over 35 years later, Kanken has straightened out millions of backs.
Package Dimensions: 15.1 x 10.6 x 1.9 inches